Fleurette Wzt
map-marker Morristown, Tennessee

Unhappy

Never was told to include tax with my wish i had a online shopping spree they told me I got to spend a certain amount of money and to send a list, I sent the list, and they said it was fine. Turns out I only got half, maybe not even half of the items on the list because of tax and shipping on the items. They could've told me to include tax and shipping when making the list , I hate make a wish.
Emma D Kxv

| map-marker Albany, New York

Make a wish gypped my son on his camper after promising for 6 months!!!

Original review Oct 18, 2023

Back in June I found out that my child qualifies for a make a wish . My child doesnt like Nickelodeon, nor Disney very much.

My child is a little boy who is four years old that likes to explore with his twin brother and be outside pretty much all the time. He likes to run,fish, play in the dirt and he loves to ride his bike. After six months and signing give all are information for the camper back in June, after 6 months of not hearing anything other then keeping small contact and being told by multiple wish coordinators that we were for sure going to get us this because this is what he wanted and having seeing the camper multiple times and having my child get all excited over it, telling him multiple times that he will be getting his camper soon. Well I got a call today from the CEO who by the way was absolutely disturbingly rude sat there and told me that I was being difficult and everybody at the Make a wish building had said that I was difficult.

Even though I signed back in June hadnt heard anything in months. For the CEO to keep saying and hide behind that fact that his wish coordinators made a mistake and havent you ever made a mistake like no sir I havent not for 6 months and being told by multiple people that we were getting it and go through all that paperwork they lie to the children. The CEO told me its sounds like Im the one that wants the camper which is a joke when they asked my child what he wanted he said camper because he likes being out side. The whole experience was just unacceptable.

Meanwhile, you sat there for six months giving a child hope and now I have to break it to my four-year-old after all this time hes not getting a camper after we already spoke with camping world and wish coordinators, camping world offers delivery, free of charge and the campground offer storage that we would have to pay but they hide behind the fact that I dont have a vehicle that is personally mine that can move but have multiple family members that would move it in a heart beat if I need to. It really feels like my child got gypped out of his Make a wish for that and the CEO to turn around and act very snobby and say that we dont have to give your child a wish would you like a wish for him? Very rude hes like your not getting the camper period. My child need to pick a different wish because hes not getting the actually wish he wanted so he needs to pick something else.

This place is a total fraud, and I am totally beside myself. My child has been going through the sickness for three years absolutely disgusting And the CEO just didnt even want to hear anything I had to say. This charity is fraud and honestly it seems like if your chid is under a certain age, they try to hide by the fact that they act like your kid doesnt want it and that your kiddo wont know any better if he doesnt get it. I just find it funny that they always try to push Disney World or Nickelodeon studios on children because they get a huge discount and most half of the time dont even have to pay because they partner with Disney and nickelodeon studios so in all reality theyre spending absolutely no money, and Ive seen reviews on here of people travel to Disneyland and having a horrible experience.

The point of this camper was to be something that my child would be able to use multiple times not just one time and forget five years down the line. this whole experience with Make a wish has been a absolute nightmare.

And theres no point of trying to fight with them because like to see you outside even if you were to go to the media or try to tell somebody about your problems they wouldnt even listen. Because its make a wish

Cons:
  • Dont let you put would you need to down here

Preferred solution: I would like them to make good and give us the camper. We had to wait for 6 months to be todo no let it go all the way to the end for them to say no waited as long as we did and hyped our children up to now not get it they are jokes and so is the CEO

User's recommendation: Honestly, it’s nice for people to hold out hope for Make a wish but honestly, I feel as though this charity, is fraud I know it’s not gonna stop people from using it because obviously these children deserve a wish but as for me and my family, I feel like my son was definitely gypped out of the wish he wanted

Guest

You keep saying six months. Even if you started the process on June 1, the six month mark is not until November 30. Your post is a ridiculous bunch of half truths.

Fortunata Jpr
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2411718

They Are Evil A Joke Even , They driving my son Emmanuel Daniels wish to go to Disneyland and we were sent to Give kids the World in Florida where my children and I were hurt the Murphy bed fell off the wall nearly killing my daughter she had a stroke broke bone and her spying her back in her right foot into this day nobody's taking accountability or responsibility they were real prejudice and really really rude and careless, they have zero compassion for me or my children still to this day this occurred February 6th 2023 and we are still fighting for help and for justice and for my babies health where now and counseling and very very sad of the outcome.. oct 31,2023

Guest

Actually it has been four and a half months. Not six.

I’ve only been involved in one friend’s make a wish and it involved an nfl team and tickets.

The parents did not reveal anything to the child until tickets were in hand and meeting the team was set up for certain. I can’t believe you didn’t wait until the camper was in your possession.

View more comments (2)

Ongoing automatic withdrawals from my bank account

My donation was supposed to be a one time payment. Every month since July 2023 they take an unauthorized payment. I have to fight with my bank to get reimbursed. I cant get a hold of a live person. Ive tried all of their phone numbers and still yet to speak to a representative. Ive left voicemails & emails galore for them to stop taking my money. Im going to have to close my bank account & open a new one because their withdrawal's are at random.

User's recommendation: Don’t do it. It’s scandalous. Only 1% of your money goes towards a wish. The rest goes to Fees they and in their pockets

Gina M Ovt

| map-marker Springfield, Ohio

Updated by user Nov 20, 2023

After 3 months of unauthorized automatic withdrawals, I’m still trying to get it resolved. No will respond to my emails or voice messages.

Original review Nov 20, 2023
Be careful donating to them. The people on the wish lists only get 2% of the donations. The rest goes to all the fees they charge. It was 3 months ago when I made a one time donation and they keep processing it every month. Ive tried emailing, several phone numbers leaving messages numerous of times and no one will respond back to me.

User's recommendation: Look into more before you donate

Ongoing automatic withdrawals from my bank account

I called in a one time payment to help out a little. The representative reassured me that it was not a reoccurring payment. Every month since July 2023 they automatically withdraw money from my account. I have to call my bank and have them refund my money. I can't talk to a live person, I've emailed them, left voice messages for them to return my call & nothing except I got a text message from them wanting me to give a review. So here it is. They arent worth a damn about taking care of their paying customers. I was told Only 2% of the money actually goes towards a wish from one of their representatives.

User's recommendation: Good luck with them and Don’t give them a credit card number for a onetime payment because they don’t know what one time is!

map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

Ongoing automatic withdrawals from my bank account

This is getting ridiculous. I want you to stop withdrawing money from my account. I've been trying to speak to a live person about stopping the ongoing automatic withdrawal payments with no success.

User's recommendation: Don’t give them your banking information. They’ll take more than one gift payment

Ongoing automatic withdrawals from my bank account

Im going to have to close out my bank account & reopen another one because I was reassured by one of their representatives that I would be making a one time payment. Every month since July 2023, they do an automatic withdrawal. I have to call my bank & have them refund the money back into my account. I tried calling their corporate office to get them to fix this issue & I can't talk to a live person. Ive left voice messages & emails but I still keep getting the run around. Its still not resolved. I get text messages saying my payment didnt go through to please make a payment.,

User's recommendation: Good luck! I wouldn’t give them a credit or a debit card number

map-marker Los Angeles, California

My child has chron's disease

I was in communication with Andrea about Quentin Welch. I sent my California ID to her but she never got back in touch with me and she never even emailed me back. She said that she was going to send me something to sign but I didn't even receive anything from her. So what else can I do what else is going on with Quentin case. Here's my number 310-303-****
Sue M Azo

| map-marker Independence, Missouri

Awful service

Original review Jun 10, 2023
I asked for make a wish for my daughter to help with my daughter whose wish was simply to make it easier for her mom to get her around. I was told my daughter didnt qualify cause her wheel chair and disease wasnt expected to cause death. Well not a year later she died from her disease. It seems they only help those that do have a long life expectancy so they can show off what they did to help those children. Its a I feel that it doesnt help those that really need the help.

User's recommendation: It’s a waste of your time if you really need help

map-marker Shallotte, North Carolina

Check status of my childs make a wish

Hi, Just checking because I haven't heard anything from Make a wish since yall last came to my home. I was told that my daughter Maya Novalee Vargas was approved for Disney world trip. She has cystic fibrosis and yall brong her a barbie and visited our home last year.I am a deputy sheriff now and would need to know ahead of time to ask off from work.Please call me at 910-448-**** thanks so much!!!
map-marker Freeport, New York

Donation in Memory Scott Dolsky

On May 6, 2023, I made a donation of $150 plus mailing fee. and the email to notify the loved one, rrdbach@***.com , was never received. It is Transaction #.1655****. Was it ever sent? If not, could you send it again.

User's recommendation: Make sure you check with the people who are to be notified of the donation. I found out that many people do not check their email and because you do t wa t to ask them and out them on the spot, it causes you to reach out to MAKE A WISH unnecessarily

Ale P Zlf

No cumplen !!!

Así que mi hija de 5 años estaba emocionada por ser youtuber, y desde un principio me dijeron que yo era una interesada que como mi hija podria pedir eso?? Y despues la pusieron a conocer como youtuber que nosotros NO podemos conocer, llegamos a Disney y la fotografía de Pide un deseo Trató muy mal a mi hija, y al final fueron 2 días de vacaciones en Disney y al final su deseo fue un video simple y mal hecho.
Pros:
  • Algunas personas si le cumplen
Cons:
  • Dejan a kids sin el deseo real
Sparrow B

Still mad after 30 years

My son wanted to go to Disney World since we already went to Disneyland on a family outing. We lived 2.5 hours away. They denied his request saying he was too young to know the difference. He was 3 going on 4 and very excited about going somewhere warm and we were excited that MAW would be able to grant a wish we could not afford to do. We were given a limo ride to the airport which was nice but when we got down there, we were put into a cheap motel with the view of the wall of the building next door, the pool wasnt open due to construction, we were not given a rental car to get around. We had to use taxis which of course did not have a car seat. They gave us a few food vouchers from the motels restaurant, which was difficult to obtain food that he could eat. There wasnt even a fridge in the motel room. We got dropped off at the gate and had to walk through a flooded parking lot just to get to the gate. It did rain in Southern California and a lot! The least they could have done was to put us up in the Disneyland hotel, but nope! We had friends from the same chapter get granted a lovely house fully stocked on the lake in Disney World, a rental car, boat and fishing gear. When we tried to get some answers after the fact we were completely ignored and made to feel like we were ungrateful. Well my son died at the age of 12 and I hope this doesnt happen to anyone.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t let them say no!

Guest

So sad. They sent a neighbor and his family to bora bora.

Child was ill but far from dying.

Was granted wish because connections. BS what 14 y/o says I want to go to bora bora.

Mary A Ifj

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Children being denied wishes due to vaccine mandate

This company is a total fraud. I keep reading about children being denied their wishes. The latest is this little 4 year old boy with cancer that was denied his trip to Disney world because he is unvaccinated. They need to follow the science, for 1 the supreme court called the vaccine mandate unconstitutional, 2nd the vaccine isn't even available for children under 5, 3rd children are no susceptible to the virus and they have a 99.99% survival rate. Please look up the number of deaths in 2 years for children which have not exceeded 600 in total. The flu has killed more children in one year than this virus.

Preferred solution: Grant all children their wishes and stop using Covid as an excuse.

User's recommendation: Don't donate to this company.

Guest

THE FACTS: The child from Staten Island, New York, was still offered a wish — just not one involving air travel or large crowds.

Ranae Amw
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2118264

That doesn’t address the core issue. Make a Wish has no medical expertise & should not substitute their judgement for the parents’.

There was no evidence that children needed a vaccine.

This was a knee jerk political reaction. The exact same scenario occurred with my granddaughter despite the fact that her personal doctor did not recommend she have the vaccine.

View more comments (1)

Cancelled wish after it was granted!

My niece was granted her Disney wish two weeks before we are getting ready to leave all packed up Covid hit understandably got canceled we said we have no problem waiting until things got cleared up we have been nothing but hounded with offering us for my needs to take an iPad instead of the trip and after year said she will not be granted that wish no more she could pick something else if she would like how do you tell a five-year-old they no longer get to go to Disney after the 2 1/2 years of chemo they went through and were promised it. we even said like lets go a different way we dont have to stay at the Make-A-Wish place and we dont have to have all these extras lets just get her there and they offered her an iPad!

User's recommendation: don’t donate to this cause they don’t actually care about the children they just want to get them in and out as soon as possible!

Guest

This has happened as well to others

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2107069

Yes happened to my son & we were waiting 5 years for wish to be granted when he was well enough to go. They had cancelled our trip a month before going. Now 2 years later they offered a “local” wish to get the wish granted since my son isn’t vaccinated.

View more comments (1)
Delete A
map-marker Browns Mills, New Jersey

Make A Wish Nightmare

We just got back from my son’s Make A Wish trip to Disney World and it was a disaster. Due to poor planning he never got to fulfill his wish. He spent the majority his 5 days in Orlando at the villa hunting for lizards and blowing bubbles. On the few occasions we did manage to get him out - nobody honored his tee shirt or badge.

The worse part was arriving back home and being stranded at the airport with no ride home. We could not just get a cab or call someone to come get us because my son is in a wheelchair. My child is so disappointed and I have never been so stressed out in my life. It was the most horrible distressing experience ever.

According to our local Make A Wish chapter in PA, they were sorry his trip was a disaster but explained that most of their wishes are successful and that their track record speaks for itself. This may sound good on paper if you are trying to gain donations or funds, but for my son, who was the one percent they didn't plan properly for, it was heartbreaking.

If your child has a wish and is in a wheelchair I recommend that you refine their wish within your geographical area so you do not get stranded.

Guest

I will not be donating to this particular charity again. How dare they dupe their contributers.

But to treat sick and often terminal children like I've read in these reviews it's beyond reprehensible.Shameful. Bet your pockets are lined pretty good huh?

Make a wish should be awesome trips catering to the sick child and their family. You create nightmares.

Guest

Everyone wants to say oh you got a free trip,you should be grateful,but if your child isn't sick,or terminally ill,then keep your mouth shut.Because you don't understand what these kids go through and this trip should be amazing.Not just o.k.My daughter has cancer and when were sent to Disney's Give kids the World.Well let me just tell you for 3 days we had to stay in a villa with water bugs everywhere.I was disgusted with the conditions of this room.Here is my daughter with cancer,and they put her in a room with disgusting bugs.So after complaining ,we got moved,but 3 days of our trip was ruined.And our wish granters were ***.They didn't even do a send off party.So Make a Wish isn't as perfect as it seems to be.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-264584

You’re in FLORIDA ffs of course there’s water bugs. Are you one of those parents who took a pic of their child in front of a swamp and got their kid eaten by an alligator?!!

So you think Disney is in a bubble where nature doesn’t exist. Choosing beggars ffs also Disney had a vaccine mandate.

That’s NOT make a wish’s fault so did airlines. Also transportation home from a FREE trip is your response

Guest

I work very close with my local chapter of MAKE-A-WISH Foundation and I am offended by this person's complaint! I think that parents need to understand that this foundation works very hard to make children happy and sometimes they have more then 10 wishes that they are working on daily....

they are human and sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes the mistakes that are made are out of their control as well!

I think the parents of children who are lucky and fortunate enough to get a wish granted should feel wonderful and lucky that their children are getting their wishes fufilled and concentrate on making lasting memories with your children instead of looking a gift horse in the mouth! I applaud the employees at MAKE-A-WISH for giving all that they can to help make children forget for a short time that they are sick!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-30344

Wdw is a big wish to fill. I'm grateful to even get to take my daughter because of make a wish.

Perfect or not we would never get the chance to take her without them. If you could do better then you should do it yourself. Just saying!!

Accidents happen! I'm sure they did not mean to leave you stranded.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1533284

But they did? That’s completely their job to provide transport to and from.

I hope you dug your head out of your but long enough to realize what you stated is appalling and extremely ableist. Grow up and look at the world around you.

Guest

My son is in a wheelchair but is also terminally ill - that is why he was granted the trip. It isn't enough that they got us to Florida...he was promised his wish would be granted.

If they were unable to do this then they should have said so rather than upset such a critically ill child. I would not have taken him if they let me know up front they could not complete his wish. Once I was out of state, there was nothing I could do to try and correct their errors. I did everything humanly possible.

They said transportation with a wheelchair lift would be provided for him and it wasn't. My complaint is indeed valid, some generous individual paid for my son to receive his wish and the wish never occurred.

Not only were we mislead and lied to, but the donor was lied to as well. His generous donation was mishandled.

Guest

That's too bad about your son. But this sounds like an error on the other end.

They provided the trip, payed for everything, commmmonnn that's pretty good.

I would've tried to focuss on the good things out of the trip instead of being so negative. Not everyone that applies can do that program, you should feel blessed.

Steven S Tjx

If my son was in a wheelchair he doesn't automatically get a free trip. This isn't a viable complaint. They got you to Flordia if they did poor planning oh well why didn't you step in and correct their mistake?

View more comments (8)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article